The first assignment is to make sure that you can successfully run code and submit results.
It is due August 30, 2020 at midnight.
- Aug. 24, 2020
- Added notes about the required Conda packages.
- Conda installation (either Anaconda or Miniconda)
The following Conda packages (install with
The steps of this assignment:
- Download the starter notebook (online view).
- Download the code PDF.
- Start Jupyter and open the notebook.
- Fill in the code in the notebook, running each cell.
- Print the notebook to a PDF file. To do this, go to “File” and pick “Print Preview” within Jupyter, then print the resulting page to PDF. If you just print the notebook to a PDF without going through Jupyter's print preview, it won't look as good.
- Submit the notebook (
.ipynbfile) and PDF printout to Blackboard.
See Our First Python Notebook for a video overview of the submission process.
Preparing a PDF File
As shown in the First Notebook video, use the following steps to create your PDF file:
- Go to ‘File’ → ‘Print Preview’ in Jupyter (not your web browser)
- Print the Jupyter print preview to a PDF file using your browser's “Print to PDF” feature.